means Player Elite Pty Ltd ABN 27 609 592 592.This policy explains how and why we collect, use, hold and disclose your personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs).You consent to us collecting, holding, using and disclosing your personal information in accordance with this policy.
What is personal information?
Personal information is any information or an opinion about an identified individual or an individual who can be reasonably identified from the information or opinion. Information or an opinion may be personal information regardless of whether it is true.
What personal information do we collect and hold?
We collect information about you and your interactions with us, for example, when you utilise the contact us functionality on our website, call us, visit us, speak with one of our staff, interact with our chatbot or otherwise visit our website. The information we collect from you may include your identity and contact details, your history of your interactions with us and details of enquiries or complaints you make.We may collect information about how you access, use and interact with the website. We do this by using a range of tools such as Google Analytics. This information may include:
- the location from which you have come to the site and the pages you have visited, your server address, your top level domain name, the date and durations of your visit to our site, your location information;
- technical data, which may include IP address, the types of devices you are using to access the website, device attributes, browser type, language and operating system and the previous site you have visited.
- your name, address and contact details including email, mobile telephone number and landline telephone number;
- your employment details such as who you work for, work address and job title and who you report to;
- details of products or services you may have enquired about and any other personal information we have acquired by way of our interaction with you; and
- from third parties such as from other people or organisations who know you and have your information.
Why do we collect, hold and use your personal information?
We collect, hold and use your personal information so that we can:
- manage our relationship with you and enable you to access our website and applications;
- contact you, for example, to respond to your contact queries or complaints, or if we need to tell you something important;
- comply with our legal obligations and assist government and law enforcement agencies or regulators;
- to protect, improve or operate our website and user experience of our website including by performing analytics, conduct research and training;
- identify and tell you about other products or services that we think may be of interest to you; or
- subject to any legal requirements and limitations, send you marketing and promotional messages to you by electronic or physical means.
If you do not provide us with your personal information, we may not be able to communicate with you or respond to your enquiries.
How do we collect your personal information?
We will collect your personal information directly from you whenever you interact with us. For example, we may collect your personal information when you:
- complete the contact us functionality on our website;
- interact with our website, content, advertising or staff;
- interact with us at a tradeshow or event;
- from industry association meetings, interactions, conferences or existing customers who know you;
- from publicly available information such as your organisations website or business networking platforms; and
- communicate with us in any way including over the telephone or by electronic means.
How do we store and hold personal information?
We store most information about you in computer systems and databases operated by either us or our external service providers. Some information about you is recorded in paper files that we store securely.We implement and maintain processes and security measures to protect personal information which we hold from misuse, interference or loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.These processes and systems include:
- the use of identity and access management technologies to control access to systems on which information is processed and stored;
- requiring all employees to comply with internal information security policies and keep information secure;
- requiring all employees to complete training about information security; and
- monitoring and regularly reviewing our practise against our own policies and against industry best practice.
We will also take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify personal information once we no longer require it for the purposes for which it was collected or for any secondary purpose permitted under the APPs.
Who do we disclose your personal information to, and why?
We may transfer or disclose your personal information to our related companies, owners, business partners, professional advisers and agents.We may disclose personal information to external service providers so that they may perform services for us or on our behalf.We may also disclose your personal information to others outside our group of companies where:
- we are required or authorised by law to do so;
- you may have expressly consented to the disclosure or the consent may be reasonably inferred from the circumstances; or
- we are otherwise permitted to disclose the information under the Privacy Act.
If the ownership or control of all or part of our business changes, we may transfer your personal information to the new owner.
Do we disclose personal information to overseas recipients?
We may disclose your personal information to recipients which are located outside Australia.In the event we do so then such disclosure will be in accordance with all applicable law and such law may be the laws of the recipient’s jurisdiction.Those recipients are likely to be located in the United States of America.
Do we use your personal information for marketing?
We will use your personal information to offer you products and services we believe may interest you, but we will not do so if you tell us not to. These products and services may be offered by us, our related companies, our other business partners or our service providers. These communications may be by way of physical or electronic means using the personal information we hold.Where you receive electronic marketing communications from us, you may opt out of receiving further marketing communications by following the opt-out instructions provided in the communication.
Access to and correction of your personal information
You may access or request correction of the personal information that we hold about you by contacting us. Our contact details are set out below. There are some circumstances in which we are not required to give you access to your personal information.There is no charge for requesting access to your personal information, but we may require you to meet our reasonable costs in providing you with access (such as photocopying costs or costs for time spent on collating large amounts of material).We will respond to your requests to access or correct personal information in a reasonable time and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we hold about you remains accurate and up to date.
If you have a complaint about the way in which we have handled any privacy issue, including your request for access or correction of your personal information, you should contact us. Our contact details are set out below.We will consider your complaint and determine whether it requires further investigation. We will notify you of the outcome of this investigation and any subsequent internal investigation.If you remain unsatisfied with the way in which we have handled a privacy issue, you may approach an independent advisor or contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) (www.oaic.gov.au) for guidance on alternative courses of action which may be available.
If you have any questions, comments, requests or concerns, please contact us at:firstname.lastname@example.org
Changes to this policy
From time to time, we may change our policy on how we handle personal information or the types of personal information which we hold. Any changes to our policy will be published on our website.You may obtain a copy of our current policy from our website or by contacting us at the contact details above.